What does the BioBase app do?
BioBase tracks your heart rate, activity, sleep, mood & cognitive function. When wearing the BioBeam, your health data will be monitored in real-time to provide you with a live Wellbeing Score!
Over time, BioBase learns how your behaviours, interactions and environments impact your mental wellbeing. Then to help you cope with stress, anxiety, depression and more, BioBase offers digital coaching courses that incorporate proven techniques, such as CBT.
How do I download BioBase?
Before downloading BioBase, you will need to register online here. Remember to check your inbox for an email from us, it contains your unique activation code which you’ll need to register! Lost your activation code?
No worries, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll resend it to you.
Once registered, you can download Biobase from the Apple App store or if you’re an Android user, go to the Google Play Store.
What is a BioBeam?
The BioBeam is a wrist-worn wearable that tracks your heart rate and heart rate variability, sleep and activity. The BioBeam should be worn during the day and when you sleep, it’s also waterproof!
Here are some tips for wearing your band:
- Wear the band on your non-dominant wrist.
- Ensure you have the touch key nearest to your thumb to make sure you can read the screen.
- Wear your BioBeam at least 2cm from your wrist.
- Your BioBeam should be worn as snug as possible without leaving a mark on your wrist.
How do I pair my BioBeam and BioBase?
If you’re having trouble pairing your BioBase with your BioBeam here are a few things you can check:
- Bluetooth is switched on
- Stable internet connection
- The BioBeam is fully charged
- The BioBeam is within 5 meters of your mobile device
- Your mobile device software is fully updated
- You are using the most up-to-date version of the BioBase app
- Under your Bluetooth Device Settings, ensure there is no device listed as ‘LSBand2’ connected if there is then disconnect.
Still having trouble pairing your BioBeam? Try these:
- Completely close down and restart the app
- Delete and redownload BioBase. This sometimes gives it the re-boot it needs to re-connect.
- Make sure your BioBeam is not connected to any other devices, such as a different phone.
- Check that the serial number on your BioBeam band is the same as the serial number on your BioBeam box
Still no luck? Email us at email@example.com
I’m feeling stressed right now, what should I do?
If you are feeling overwhelmed then we suggest speaking to your GP or someone you know who can help. If you would like to talk to someone right now call 116 123 anytime, day or night, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
For more general support go to https://www.mind.org.uk/information-support/helplines for more information on where you can get relevant help for you.
Who can see my data?
BioBeats takes data security very seriously. We know it is important for you to know how your data is collected, used and processed.
To be crystal clear:
- You are in control of your data.
Your employer will never have access to your personal data.
To change wellbeing in the workplace, BioBeats believes that the pressure should not be exclusively on you to become more resilient when faced with stress. The responsibility should also be placed on your employer to create suitable work environments for you to work at your best.
It is for this reason that relevant data from the BioBase and BioBeats is aggregated (collected together) into anonymous (no names, email addresses or identifiable information) groups of at least 50 individuals and reported to select members of the project team working with BioBeats in order to inform wellbeing policies and procedures.
BioBeats also works closely with scientific health practitioners and universities. The aggregated and anonymised data collected informs ongoing health and mental wellbeing scientific studies.
If you wish to withdraw your consent you may do so at any time by contacting us at email@example.com
If you have further questions regarding our privacy practices, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We would like to thank the team at FilmFolk for our staff headshots and for their videography services without which our training and events would not be possible.